Students will design advanced architectural structures utilizing space and materials as they relate to architectural designs. In addition, concepts, cultural/historical perspectives, green building construction and these materials relate to architecture are studied in order to create architectural designs that demonstrate an alignment of space, structure, function and feasibility. Students in this course will demonstrate proficient skills in architectural design, drawing, models-making, writing and reflection. Instruction may include computer assisted drawing, and safety procedures for creating and building models and structures. This course encompasses architectural design, drawing, hands-on construction, time management, architecture history, oral and written presentations, architectural career exploration and art criticism and evaluation.
Teaching from well-written, grade-level instructional materials enhances students' content area knowledge and also strengthens their ability to comprehend longer, complex reading passages on any topic for any reason. Using the following instructional practices also helps student learning:
Honors and Advanced Level Course Note:
- Reading assignments from longer text passages as well as shorter ones when text is extremely complex.
- Making close reading and rereading of texts central to lessons.
- Asking high-level, text specific questions and requiring high-level, complex tasks and assignments.
- Requiring students to support answers with evidence from the text.
- Providing extensive text-based research and writing opportunities (claims and evidence).
Academic rigor is more than simply assigning to students a greater quantity of work. Through the application, analysis, evaluation, and creation of complex ideas that are often abstract and multi-faceted, students are challenged to think and collaborate critically on the content they are learning.
Course Number: 0113320
Abbreviated Title: ARCH DES & DRAW 3 H
Course Status: Terminated
Grade Level(s): 9,10,11,12
Graduation Requirement: Performing/Fine Arts