General Course Information and Notes
Who We Are As Americans:
Second grade students will investigate the impact of immigration over time in the United States, explore the geography of North America, and discover the foundations of American citizenship. Mathematics Benchmark Guidance –
Social Studies instruction should include opportunities for students to interpret and create representations of historical events and concepts using mathematical tables, charts, and graphs. Instructional Practices
Teaching from well-written, grade-level instructional materials enhances students' content area knowledge and also strengthens their ability to comprehend longer, complex reading passages on any topic for any reason. Using the following instructional practices also helps student learning:
- Reading assignments from longer text passages as well as shorter ones when text is extremely complex.
- Making close reading and rereading of texts central to lessons.
- Asking high-level, text-specific questions and requiring high-level, complex tasks and assignments.
- Requiring students to support answers with evidence from the text.
- Providing extensive text-based research and writing opportunities (claims and evidence).
Course Number: 5021040
Abbreviated Title: SOC STUDIES 2
Course Status: Course Approved