General Course Information and Notes
Services offered by the Rising Summer Program are intended to fill gaps created by the loss of the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) instructional services due to a national health emergency (COVID-19). Instruction is to be based on the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards (http://flbt5.floridaearlylearning.com/docs/OEL-VPK154yo.pdf).
Program delivery is contingent upon a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) currently being developed by the Office of Early Learning (http://www.floridaearlylearning.com). Each participating school district should have a signed MOU with their local early learning coalition in order to qualify for the program and associated CARES funding.
At this time, funding for this course is available for the 2020-2021 school year through the CARES Act. Please note that this course does not qualify for Florida Education Finance Program (FEFP).
Questions can be directed to the Office of Early Learning at 866-447-1159.
As well as any certification requirements listed on the course description, the following qualifications may also be acceptable for the course:
- Child Development Associate (CSA) or CDA equivalent.
- Bachelor degree or higher in any of the following areas (see Section 1, PreK Basic Definition).
- Bachelor degree or higher in elementary education (see Section 1, PreK Basic Definition).
- Associates or higher degree in child development.
- Associates or higher degree in an unrelated field (see Section 1, PreK Basic Definitions).
- If program serves children with disabilities as an inclusive setting, see Section 1, PreK Exceptional.
See http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/vpk-providers/becoming-a-vpk-provider/vpk-instructor-qualifications for additional information on qualifications.
Course Number: 5100610
Abbreviated Title: CARES KINDER SUPPLE
Course Type: Non-fundable Course
Course Status: Course Approved