Grade Level(s): 8
Computers for Students, Internet Connection, Java Plugin
Keywords: rotation, angle of rotation, graphing, transformation, rotated point, rotated coordinates, rotation around the origin, 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 270 degrees, 360 degrees
Prior Knowledge and Vocabulary:
- Plotting points in the coordinate system
- Vocabulary: transformation, rotation (turn), angle of rotation, center of rotation, clockwise, counterclockwise
- This resource could alternatively be used by a teacher to demonstrate the concept of rotation in the coordinate system if no computers for student exploration are available.
- The predictable pattern of a point's coordinates as the point is rotated 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees is an important observation.
- As an extension, students can make predictions about the rotated point using a fixed point and a variable angle measure or various point locations with a fixed angle of rotation.
Source and Access Information
Name of Author/Source: Guy Barmoha / GeoGebraWiki
District/Organization of Contributor(s): Broward
Is this Resource freely Available? Yes
Access Privileges: Public
* Please note that examples of resources are not intended as complete curriculum.